Monday, August 23, 2010

P90X - Puke 90 times!

Monday, August 23...Well...The first day of P90X! I figured if I would try to Blog my experience it might challenge me to stay with it. The posting of a failure might be too devastating for me. ;] I have borrowed this from a family from church and the encouragement I received from Mr. Steve was it really stands for "Puke 90 times". I have also enlisted Rusty to be my partner, he has encouraged in "most" things so we will see if he can help me keep going. If you want to follow along with me I am gonna try to give a "REAL CANDID" glimpse of P90X.
So I was aware today that we were starting tonight and because of our "VERY BUSY" schedule we are not setting to a certain time during the day, just when we can fit it in. I am going to try not to blog about Rusty unless I need to...LOL! I am going to stick to the calorie count diet instead of their menu. Keeping up with calories are so much easier for me. I have been doing this most of the summer so I am used to this by now.
So, let me tell you how my first day went...I was proud of my eating today, Rusty wanted Burger King and I made an extra trip to Jimmy Johns for myself :) Rusty had an Referee's meeting tonight ..so I had to do the first video by myself. I chose to do the P90X Lean, for maximum weight loss.
CORE SYNERGISTIC....Within the warm up I was already feeling the burn. I really only felt like I could do most of the exercises about 50% (if that) of what the pros were doing. I used NO weights but tried to bands (and that didn't work out so well). I remember using those in high school and I was pretty good at those, NOT anymore! About 30 minutes into the video, I started questioning whether or not I really passed the fitness test for this. About 40 minutes I became a lot closer to God...well let's just say my prayer life got a whole better. I think the prayer went something like this...God, please don't let me die without Rusty being here, it would really scare the girls. Overall, I made it through....
It has been a little over 1 1/2 hours since finishing the workout and my back and chest are sore. The need to throw up I believe has passed. Normally when I work out I have this sudden burst of energy...NOT NOW! I just want to go to sleep! However I am going to "TREAT" myself to a hot bath with the jets on and spend sometime with God. Cause seriously I know that P90X isn't going to it for ME without ME first going to the "GREAT I AM". So tonight I stand on Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Again I don't know if this topic interest anyone, but I am praying that this blog holds me accountable. This blog was more of setting up what I am doing...tomorrow's I am sure is going to BE FUNNY!!!! Let's see if I can move tomorrow!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment